Sunday, November 30, 2008

WorldCat Rocks!

Alright, maybe a classical music aficionado like myself should not use such an expression, but WorldCat keeps getting better and better. For those of you who work in a library, you know how useful this website is, and there is more to it than just looking up materials and their locations. Most recently, I've been creating lists of items I own (click here for an example). It automatically imports the bibliographic record and pictures of the item when available. I can also export any list to an Excel file. If you've viewed my Facebook profile recently, you'll notice that I have installed the WorldCat application.

Have a favorite author? Take a look at WorldCat Identities which is in beta right now. Punch a name in and see what WorldCat can offer...

No comments: