Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Foreign Language Dictionaries


We interrupt this summer's tour of libraries to bring you something I should have posted a long time ago. Earlier this month I posted twice on foreign language material and I completely forgot to mention FREELANG. I had been on this site extensively around 2000, but only have been checked back a few times since then and had almost forgotten about it. I was pleasantly surprised when I found a massive update which now includes 248 foreign language dictionaries from the most common (German, French, Spanish) to the utter obscure (Alsatian, Blackfoot, Faroese). Below is a list by language families of all the dictionaries on their site:

Indo-European family

Basque family

Dravidian family

Uralic family

Caucasian family

Altaic family

Japanese family

Ainu family

Korean family

Sino-Tibetan family

Austro-Asiatic family

Afro-Asiatic family

Nilo-Saharan family

Niger-Congo family

Austronesian family

Andamanese family

Creole

Amerindian family

Na-Dene family

Yeniseian family

Eskimo-Aleut family

No comments: